Alberta: Discontinue Breakdown Permits

Discontinue Breakdown Permits

Effective April 1, 2014 Alberta is discontinuing the use of the Breakdown Permits. If a replacement vehicle is required for a broken down Prorate unit there are three options:

  1. Add a replacement vehicle to the Prorate fleet, or
  2. Trip permit a full plated vehicle, or
  3. Rent a replacement vehicle from a rental company that has Prorate.

Temporary Breakdown Permits were issued in compliance with the Canadian Agreement of Vehicle Registration Plan which is the agreement Prorate falls under. Temporary Breakdown Permits are no longer allowed under CAVR.


Leave a Reply

Mailing Address
Box 65080 RPO North Hill
Calgary, AB T2N 4T6

Street Address
200, 2819 Centre St. NW
Calgary, AB T2E 2V7

Toll Free: 1.877.860.8025
Phone: 403.220.9829
Fax: 403.220.0603

Follow us on